2-1-1: Transforming Access to Human Services
- 2-1-1 is a simple, easy-to-remember three-digit telephone number.
- The Federal Communications Commission's final order to assign 2-1-1 occured 21st July, 2000.
- 2-1-1 is a national partnership between AIRS, 211US, the United Way Worldwide and the organizations and programs that manage and deliver the 2-1-1 services at the state and local levels.
- 2-1-1 provides an easy way for everyone to access comprehensive and specialized I&R services in their community. This universal number connects individuals with community resources to find help or give help in their communities.
- The mission of 2-1-1 is to build community capacity to strengthen the way people access help and engage in civic life. 2-1-1 is built on existing I&R infrastructure and the AIRS Standards, providing a simple way for citizens to access comprehensive and specialized I&R services in their community. The United Way Worldwide, 211US and AIRS have provided ongoing leadership to the 2-1-1 initiative to accelerate, lead, and support the implementation and sustainability of the national 2-1-1 system.
- As of February 2013, 2-1-1 served over 92.6% of the entire US population covering all 50 states plus Washington DC and Puerto Rico (39 states plus DC and PR enjoy 100% coverage). In Canada, as of 2016, 8 provinces & territories have access to 2-1-1, representing more than 60% of the population, and it continues to expand.
For more information on 2-1-1 in the United States, visit www.211.org.
For more information on 2-1-1 in Canada, visit www.211.ca.