Who We Are
The Mission of AIRS is: "To provide leadership and support to its members and Affiliates to advance the capacity of a Standards-driven Information and Referral industry that brings people and services together."
What We Do
- ... builds a thriving, high-quality community information and referral (I&R) sector across North America
- ... brings various I&R providers and interests together under one organizational umbrella
- ... develops clear and consistent professional Standards that benchmark every aspect of quality I&R to ensure a uniform level of quality and professionalism across the sector
- ... brings credibility to agencies that provide information on community services
- … offers and administrates organizational accreditation and professional certifications for I&R providers
- … provides online and in-person training including an annual educational conference featuring over 85 workshops
- ... helps I&R professionals find solutions to solve issues, make their jobs easier and more effective
- ... saves taxpayer dollars and builds more cohesive communities by increasing the quality and professionalism of information and referral providers that citizens rely upon
- ... acts as seal of approval for organizations providing community I&R services, so funders can confidently identify and support providers that create the community impact they seek
- ... welcomes your membership and the opportunity to help you help others!