LANGUAGE TRANSLATION SERVICES FOR I&R PROVIDERS
Language translation enables AIRS members to provide information or make referrals to every member of the community, no matter what language they speak. When you need on-demand language services customized to fit your needs, LanguageLine Solutions provides reduced rate telephone and document translation language services to AIRS Members.
AIRS has negotiated a competitive rate with NO setup fees and NO monthly minimum charges. You are billed only for actual interpreter usage, with access to more than 170 languages. This agreement features a flat rate of $1.15 U.S. per minute and gives organizational AIRS members instant access to over 5,000 professional interpreters.
Please be aware that there are other companies from whom you can secure competitive quotes. Even though the following publication was developed by LanguageLine, it does provide a reasonable guide to questions you can ask when assessing a potential service provider - Translation Selection Guide. Read the Side by Side Comparison of why you should consider LanguageLine.
Testimonials from AIRS Members:
- “You’re worth every penny we pay!” Jan Dooley, Line 211 Public Library Memphis, TN
- “We have been extremely satisfied with LLS over the years. Would definitely recommend.” Joan Phelps, United Way of Central Virginia
- "Out of 35 calls last month the average time to connect to an interpreter was 9.6 seconds....our call specialists are pleased with the service." David Jobe, United Way of Greater Houston
LanguageLine Academy offers Language Proficiency Testing for your bilingual staff.
When hiring bilingual staff, how can you determine their ability in a particular language? Are your existing staff truly bilingual, and how do you know? Can you prove that fact to community stakeholders?
As more I&R organizations recruit bilingual staff to support diverse communities, the need to ensure staff language fluency and clear communication is increasingly important to enhance the service quality and image of your organization. To address this, AIRS has arranged (through our relationship with LanguageLine) special pricing for all AIRS members to access independent Language Proficiency Tests based on actual speaking skills.
The cost is $105 per test. (The usual price is $130). During the test, the candidate has a 30-40 minute conversation in the chosen language with a professional language assessor. A few days later, your agency will receive a report detailing the proficiency of the candidate or staff member.
Language Proficiency Tests provide:
- Fast and convenient over-the-phone testing, with no travel time or expense
- Professional language assessors to ensure accurate testing
- Consistent quality benchmark for language skills
- Detailed analysis which includes grammar, pronunciation, and use of courteous language
- “Certificates of Competency” for each individual who attains a pass grade
If you are interested in using Language Proficiency Tests as part of your overall Quality Assurance program, this document explains the process. If you have a current LanguageLine account with AIRS, you can use your existing ID number. If not, the document outlines how to set up a new account.
AIRS members can contact account manager Scott Sonnenberg at 1-866-487-4559 for additional information or email email@example.com.
LanguageLine Solutions' eLanguage Proficiency Test (eLPT) won the PEOPLE'S CHOICE STEVIE® AWARD for Favorite New Product in the 13th annual American Business Awards.