Who We Are
- a non-profit professional association of more than 5000 individuals and organizations, supporting numerous state and regional affiliates (chapters)
- the international voice of Information and Referral (I&R)
- the driving force behind the delivery of high quality I&R services and the sole source for standards, accreditations and certifications for the community information and referral sector
- a leader in the development of the 2-1-1 movement that has transformed access for human services, in partnership with 211US and United Way Worldwide
- a national leader in human services that participates in critical partnerships with the United Way Worldwide, the National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities, the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging, the National Emergency Number Association, the American Association of Suicidology and InformCanada
The Mission of AIRS is: "To provide leadership and support to its members and Affiliates to advance the capacity of a Standards-driven Information and Referral industry that brings people and services together."
What We Do
builds a thriving, high-quality community information and referral (I&R) sector across North America
brings various I&R providers and interests together under one organizational umbrella
develops clear and consistent professional Standards that benchmark every aspect of quality I&R to ensure a uniform level of quality and professionalism across the sector
brings credibility to agencies that provide information on community services
offers and administrates organizational accreditation and professional certifications for I&R providers
provides online and in-person training including an annual educational conference featuring over 85 workshops
helps I&R professionals find solutions to solve issues, make their jobs easier and more effective
saves taxpayer dollars and builds more cohesive communities by increasing the quality and professionalism of information and referral providers that citizens rely upon
- acts as seal of approval for organizations providing community I&R services, so funders can confidently identify and support providers that create the community impact they seek
- welcomes your membership and the opportunity to help you help others!
For more information about us and our activities download our Annual Report.